Saturday, August 25

What am I talking about?

This'll be an attempt to record my thoughts on my Aikido training at a Yoshinkan dojo here in Tokyo. I've now been practicing for 3 months and passed my first test to 10-kyu.

First I'll talk a little about my dojo. It's a small dojo in Roppongi with mostly foreigner students in addition to the two foreigner sensei (That's The General in the picture). But for that's enough explanation. I'm sure more details will come out as I write.

Last nights class was taught by Stumpy, and the students were S, D, and Lil' Cuba, in addition to myself. We did some flipping and basic jiyu-waza practice. I'm the one that requested the flipping practice because I still feel quite uncomfortable with it. I'd like to get to the point where I feel "graceful" when flipping (or being flipped). I think I'll have to go through lot of pain before that happens.

That's it for today. I've got a another class tonight, taught by The General, and I'm sure it'll be just the way I like it, intense.

No comments: