Tuesday, April 15

Enbu

With the enbu finally finished, this morning was back to training as normal. We did a simple shihonage class, katatemochi shihonage I and II. Roland Sensei made a few good points, like keeping the posture straight during the pivot and not arching back toward the uke. Also I guess I haven't been turning on my toes through the whole turn.

As for the Enbu, it was a great success. Turnout was good and all the feedback I heard from the audience was quite positive, except my girlfriend mocking the way I bow. I think all the students and teachers were happy with how things went.

The final jiyuwaza demos were great to watch. Tokida Sensei and Okamoto-san had a great presentation with quick, powerful execution of the techniques. Another highlight of the jiyuwaza section was when Bryce neglected to block a punch from Roland Sensei during yokomen uchi juyuwaza and got a good sized lump between his eyes for it. Incidentally, I saw a video of Roland Sensei's 3rd-dan test, where he broke his uke's nose doing the same entry. At least there wasn't any blood this time.

No comments: