Thursday, June 12

Chino Sensei at Honbu Dojo

Last night I made the trek out to Honbu Dojo for Chino Sensei's class. There were twenty-five students or so on the mat, a good number for the size of the dojo. Surprisingly, a large portion of the students were brown belts. Usually when I go to Honbu, a most of the students are black belt, with a few browns and whites sprinkled in, but for some reason, most of last night's class were browns belts, with some white belts and just a few blacks. Strange, but in no way was that a detriment to the class.

We did a number of techniques that I either had never seen before or have only done once or twice. Here's a list:

katatemochi ikkajo osae I (suwariwaza & tachiwaza)
I was wondering how to do this one few weeks ago. I'm glad I got a chance to try it out.

katatemochi kotegaeshi I & II
My kotegaeshi experience to date has mostly been with shomen uchi. I found these techniques rather fun, with the interesting direction change in the middle of the technique.

To finish the class, Chino Sensei did another variation on katatemochi kotegaeshi II, but with just one pivot from ai-hanmi and a shuffle forward. I couldn't get the handwork on this one, but I'm not discouraged; I'll get it to work eventually.

Osu!

No comments: