Sunday, July 20

Saturday Night Special

It's been another good week of training, with me being able to attend every class this week. I'm still pretty wiped after two hours of training in the morning 3 days a week, but I can already feel my body getting used to it. But I'll be glad when the heat isn't such an issue.

Tonight Saori ran the class, as both Sensei were unable to attend and it was a great class. The four people who came each chose a technique and we did ikkajo, sankajo, shihonage, and kotegaeshi. We mostly did shomen and yokomen uchi, along with the suwari waza counterpart, but for the sankajo, we did ushiro ryotemochi sankajo osae I & II. I had only practiced this technique maybe once, and it's nice to train on techniques I don't know so well.

A frustrating thing about kotegaeshi, when turning the uke's hand to move into the kotegaeshi, right before the throw, I can conceptualize the correct movement, and at times I feel I have pieces of the movement correct, but I have yet to feel I have the uke locked before the throw. Tonight I tried to connect the movement of my hips with my arm, hand, and into the uke, but I think I need a full class on just that part of kotegaeshi.

So many flaws, and so little time to fix them. See you on the mat. Osu!

1 comment:

uchi deshi said...

I had to take my blog private. If you would like access, please send me an email at uchideshi@gmail.com.

thanks