Wednesday, November 7

Less is more, more or less

Good energy in the dojo today. Four beginners showed up, three of which passed their 10th kyu test last Friday. I worked on my test techniques with Sao-chan, and Oxford worked with Drew.

My tenchinage felt good today. I just tried to recreate what I saw last week at Honbu, a big explosive movement and really moving the uke's hand out to the side and as low as I can get. I even got a nod of approval from Stumpy. I also made a little progress on my kokyu ho, but my shihonage felt really weak today. It may have been that my uke was really short, but I felt that in the position before the pivot, I didn't have control of the uke.

I was a little jealous of the beginners today. They learned tenchinage for the first time today, and guess I miss that feeling of seeing every technique for the first or second time, the newness of it all. I'll try to practice a greater variety of techniques while training, not just my test techniques.

No comments: