Monday, September 8

Fourth Kyu Shinsa

The official results don't come out until tomorrow, but I'm fairly certain I passed my fourth kyu test. This is great news. It's the last white belt test, and six months from now I'll be able to test for brown belt. Righteous!

I felt this was my best test to date. I didn't train at all the day before the test, and generally just tried to not think about it. I felt confident I had trained enough and my body knew all the techniques. My only goal was to be relaxed and calm for the test and trust my training.

This seemed to serve me well. I got a little tired during kihon dosa, but that's to be expected. When we came to the techniques, I may have done them a little to fast, without enough pause between the steps, but other than that I felt great. Saori was my uke and she's really easy to work with, so that also helped a lot.

In addition, I was Allen's uke for his seventh kyu test. He worked hard to prepare for the test and did well. Truth be told, I felt all seven people testing did quite well and took their test training seriously, which was apparent in the tests themselves.

Congrats everyone,

Osu!

No comments: