Thursday, September 25

Random thoughts

We've done a lot of sankajo (third control) this week. It's always been one of my favorites, but at the same time it can be quite frustrating if you're not getting it right. However, I noticed a minor detail in Sensei's technique, reversing the way I hold uke's elbow, and incorporated it into my technique. At that point, the take down became much easier. I suppose that's the natural progression for improvement, but it's nice to see such immediate results.

*********

Lately we've been doing more complicated techniques in class. I pretty sure it's because Sensei's testing for 5th-dan this weekend. It's quite nice for the students looking to work on the harder techniques, but I'm sure it's tough for a beginner. Without the foundation from simpler techniques, it's easy to get lost when things get a little more complicated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You've gone all quiet!
How's the training going?