Friday, January 25

Finding the rhythm

It seems my entries are getting further and further apart. I guess this is for two reasons, the first being that as I get more experience in Aikido, there's less progress to report on. Secondly, my attendance as of late has been a bit spotty. I feel like I haven't gotten in to a good rhythm yet this year. I've been going to two or three classes a week, but haven't been everyday of the week since last year. So right now, my training seems a bit staccato. However, next week is kangeiko, winter training.

Kangeiko is a two-week training period during the coldest part of the year. Classes will be every weekday at 7am, and it's a bit of an accomplishment to attend all ten classes. There's also a summer equivalent, shochugeiko, during the hottest time of the year, and for anyone who has experienced a Japanese summer, you know this is quite the challenge. I went to every one of last year's shochugeiko classes and I'm aiming for a repeat performance this time around. Maybe then I can get back into the rhythm again.

No comments: