Wednesday, January 27

Kangeiko Day 3: Nikkajo

In today's kangeiko class, the focus was on nikkajo. We did some standard techniques, like katate-mochi nikkajo osae 1 and aya-mochi nikkajo osae 2, but mixed in were some difficult nage techniques whose names I can't begin to figure out.


My goal today was to relax the upper body and focus on proper technique when applying the nikkajo lock instead of using muscle. For the most part it worked, with my greatest success coming when my uke, a guy at least eight inches taller than me, decided to resist. In response, I just made my circle bigger and used speed to apply the technique instead of muscle. His gasp of pain and collapse to the mat caused great satisfaction. Of course my satisfaction wasn't from causing pain, but due to being able to apply the lock on a physically stronger uke by using proper technique.

No comments: