Monday, January 25

Kangeiko has begun

腿が弱くなった!


After the first day of kangeiko, I'm faced with the obvious fact that I've missed a lot of training over the past few months. My balance is poor, my lines are off, and my muscles tire much too quickly. I'm hoping the next two weeks will help take care of that.

Kangeiko is a 2 week period during winter where class is held every morning, Monday to Friday and students are highly encouraged to attend all 10 days. It's a great way to get back into the rhythm of attending class every day after the New Year break, but even more that that, it's a test of your dedication to training.

Today, being the first day, was shihonage. While I really enjoy working on shihonage, at the same time it's incredibly frustrating. I find it very difficult to find the correct line to bring the uke's balance into my center. I was making an effort to move along a larger circle, and that did seem to help but I'm still nowhere near satisfied with my execution of this technique.

Perhaps if I repeat it a few thousand times...

No comments: