Thursday, September 6

Dai Ichi

Today the brown belts and two white belts continued to train for the enbu while Lil' Cuba, Big Andrew and I went through the second half of the Dai Ichi techniques. Dai Ichi is the first set of techniques a student should learn, consisting of about 10 different forms. There's also Dai Ni and Dai San. The Ichi, Ni, and San techniques constitute all the techniques necessary for shodan.

This was my first time training with Big Andrew and I was happily surprised. Mostly because his level is somewhat close to mine, but his knowledge of the techniques is a bit better than me, but no so much that I felt like I was a hindrance to his training. Training with some of the browns can make you feel like you're just wasting their time.

As for Lil' Cuba, he walked into the changing room before class and asked if I was doing the beginner's course today.

"The beginner's course was yesterday." I said.

In a quiet voice he said, "Oh."

Poor little guy, he looked so sad.

No comments: