Wednesday, September 26

Test training

Big class today. The General brought some youngins, three kids about 16 years old I think. There was also three of the beginners, a guest black belt, along with the regular crew, 11 students in all, along with 2 sensei. Surprisingly though, the mat didn't feel crowded. Big Drew and I worked on test techniques. Stumpy didn't point out any major flaws, so I guess I generally get it. However, on kata mochi hijishime osae ichi, an elbow lock technique, I still feel my arm movements are awkward during the pivot. I need to make sure I'm holding the arm high against my chest and am standing upright after the pivot. A helpful pointer was to move the uke's hand across my chest on the pivot and don't push it down. I'll try to remember that during the test.

No comments: