Tuesday, September 11

Sankajo and Nikajo

I neglected to write an entry for last Saturday, so today you get two classes in one write up.

Saturday I trained with MG for an hour and a half doing just yokumen uchi sankajo osae 2. It wasn't nearly as boring as it sounds though. Stumpy was teaching us, bouncing between us and a few students preparing for enbu. I'll tell you what, training with MG is demanding, but really enlightening. MG's a real practical guy when it comes to the techniques and he wants to make every technique work, and not just pretend to have it work. This means breaking the technique down and finding what's effective in each step. And of course he never executes the technique softly, kind of like a mini version of The General. But truthfully, that's the kind of training I really enjoy. So yeah, my wrists hurt but I learned a lot about that technique.

So in today's class Big Andrew, Frenchy and I did katatemochi nikajo osae 2. Frenchy did the beginner's course with me, but has missed quite a few classes, so we spent the time teaching her a few basic things, but everyone got some good training so I can't call it a wasted class. Tried to do nikajo on The General. マジ無理よ!

No comments: