Tuesday, October 23

Let's get back to it

This morning I felt a little off. I haven't been to class since last Friday morning, and even though it's only been four days, it feels like a long time. I felt I lost that "feeling" of Aikido, where you feel your movements are strong and economical. But despite this, Jason and I were able to work through a bunch of techniques at a pretty good pace. We did the techniques from my next test, as well as a bunch of techniques from dai ichi.

For the last fifteen minutes of class, we did shomen jiyuwaza (freestyle technique) practice. The two techniques I did were shihonage and ikkajo. We also did kotegaeshi, both left and right side. Oxford and I almost had our hand ripped off by The General doing hiyaku ukemi (flying forward flips) on the left side.

2 comments:

uchi deshi said...

Hi. Nice blog! Thanks for the link. I have added you to my links.

Japandrew said...

uchi deshi - Thanks for reading.