Friday, October 5

Raggedy Andy

Sometimes, you have an Aikido lesson where you just feel like you're being thrown around like a rag doll. Today was one of those days.

In class, we did some basics first, tai no henko ichi (one of the basic forms) and some ukemi (falls). Then we did nikajo, second control, and to be specific, katatemochi nikajo osae II. In this technique, shite uses nikajo to spin the uke around by his wrist and pins him at the end. Not particularly difficult, but today I trained with The General. This caused me some discomfort.

Don't get me wrong, I like to train with intensity, and The General's training is always intense, but when we did a little hajime training, I felt, well, like a rag doll being manipulated by a particularly energetic toddler. Good times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's megumi. I felt the same when we were doing the Hajime training with being the Uke... But when Stumpy was the Shitei on the last Wed., I had much more feeling that I was as if flying over tatami mat.. and acutually I felt good when I was flying. My Uke person, whoever he/she is, have never ever fly bur just had to crowl on tatami, though...